Popular posts from this blog
Creative critical reflection
How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? • How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? • How did your production skills develop throughout this project? • How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project Throughout my research for my portfolio, I came to the conclusion that most tech magazines such as 'Wired' use a mid shot or a mid long shot of a person which is exactly the route I took for all three; magazine cover, double spread and contents page. Tech magazines have a variety of lighting, it's either high-key light with bright colours or low-key lightning with undertones of blue and green, I went for the latter as I felt it conveyed they meaning that I wanted it too. Unlike most tech magazines, I opted for low-key lighting to set a certain theme for the magazine Unlike many tech magazines. For the typography, I went wi...
Codes and Convections of Tech Magazine
Here are the basic codes and convection of tech magazines that I observed Technical Codes Angles and shots: From what I have observed, if the tech magazines includes a photo of a person (which is usually the case) it's mostly mid-shot or mid long shot. When a tech magazine includes a picture of a gadget or technology product, it is a full shot. Angle is kept at eye-level for easier perception for the viewer Lighting: Both high-key and low-key lighting is used but low-key is used more often because it allows to create shadows and add depth. High key lighting is used to bring attention to the subject and attract the reader Using low-key lighting also allows one to add green and blue lights (cool tones). example The cool blue tones are used to show a hologram Symbolic Codes: All tech magazines tend to have black, white, green and blue colours or undertones. Tech magazines try to use a celebrity for their cover or a full shot of the latest technology. A lot of shadows will be seen in ...
Comments
Post a Comment